just the latest....

Monday, December 17, 2007

Visiting Friends and Family!

This weekend I was able to get to meet up with a few wonderful friends (and family!). Friday night I drove through Grand Rapids and on my way, my cousin Tara met me for dinner. It is always great to see her-- she is hilarious. We had a nice dinner and were able to get lots of giggles in. Tara is newly pregnant, so it was fun getting to see her very small belly. Congrats, Tara and Todd! We look forward to meeting your baby this summer!
Saturday Jesse and I were in Bemidji helping his sister and her fiance build their house. They have decided to do nearly all the work themselves.....and it's beautiful! They started May 15 and are almost ready to be sleeping in their house. It was great getting to see their progress, as I hadn't been their since August.
I did spend Saturday morning and part of an afternoon visiting with Laura W. I was able to see her (and Adam's) house, and then I stole her for the day. We went and got the oil changed in Jesse's car ( I know, how exciting!), and then shopped the mall-- which was ridiculously packed with people, and then we went and had lunch and a coffee at this adorable little coffee shop downtown Bemidji. I had a wonderful visit with Laura and look forward to seeing her again soon!
Sunday we went and worked a bit on the house again, and then I took off kind of early. On my way home, I stopped in to visit my other cousin, Tawnya. She was busy working on school stuff, but certainly made enough time to make me a sweet cd. Thanks, Tawn! I will get to see her again soon, but was so glad that I could FINALLY see where she and Tara have been living. They have an adorable little apt that is decorated so cute. IN fact, I think I may have to hire them to do some of my decorating ( i am terrible at that stuff!).
Anyways- it was a busy weekend, but feel so lucky to have been able to see so many people.
As for now, it's back to school for a crazy chaotic--yet joyous-- week before Christmas vacation starts! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home