just the latest....

Sunday, October 21, 2007

SO MUCH FUN!




I had an amazing weekend! First of all- it was a LONG weekend, due to MEA Break. Though I love my students, I definitely was needing a little time away.
So- It started out on Thursday with meeting Kerrisa (sort of like my little sister) for a day of shopping in Duluth. We walked all around the mall and Target, and then headed back to her dorm room so I could see where she is living this year. We spent the afternoon there hanging out, and then later that night, Jesse picked me up. That night we stayed in downtown Duluth. We got to our (fairly fancy!) hotel around 8 and then walked down the street a couple of doors to get a yummy Mexican dinner. Friday we got up and headed up to a ski resort in Lutsen. We made a few stops along the beautiful drive.... stopping at waterfalls, along Lake Superior, Betty's (world famous) Pies, and finally reaching our destination. We had a cabin-like place which was very nice and not too crowded. We did some hiking and I saw the most gorgeous waterfall-- it felt like how I'd imagine Niagara Falls to be~ the water was crashing so loud, and it was so high that the water was misting all over us. It was so perfect- I wish you could have all seen it. I'm thinking maybe we'll all have to take a trip up there sometime??
I suppose the most exciting thing about my weekend was that I am now ENGAGED! Jesse proposed Friday night, and of course I started crying. I am THRILLED and anxious to start planning, but right now, I am just enjoying being engaged to such a wonderful person. I feel so lucky.
Anyways- that's my weekend. It was so much fun, that I actually started crying when we had to leave yesterday. I wanted to stay!! But- I know that I will get to go back someday... maybe someday soon!

5 Comments:

  • At October 22, 2007 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Wallestads said...

    Congratulations, April! Josh and
    I had our honeymoon on the North Shore five years ago... it IS a beautiful, magical place. I'm so happy for you. :)

    Melissa W.

     
  • At October 22, 2007 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    Yahoo for you and for all of us. Amazing we got such good, sweet, handsome men to marry the three of us even after they've spent time with us all together! Tell my new brother I said hi.

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so happy for both of you, April! Just enjoy this time and all the future happy planning moments you'll have. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your sister(s?) on Saturday.

    Love you lots and lots,

    Mom

     
  • At October 24, 2007 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Laura B. said...

    Wow, April! Very exciting news. I'm so happy for you.

     
  • At October 31, 2007 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Congratulations April!!!

    I am so glad to that you are blogging - I click over once in a while when I am on Erin's blog!

    How exciting!

    Andrea Paulson
    (Laura's Freshman roomie!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home