just the latest....

Sunday, August 26, 2007

MN State Fair~

Saturday Jesse and I decided to go to the State Fair. I hadn't been there since I was about 7(?) with grandma and grandpa. We had the perfect day to walk around outside and eat! A few of our favorites??-- Umm- Sweet Martha's cookies ( Jesse could have probably ate about 24 of these), cheese curds, gyros..... just to name a few. We decided to take a bus there to avoid the driving mess ( and I'm glad we did!). There were TONS of people~ felt like millions~. We took the skyride from one end of the fair to ther other. That was pretty neat. It's kind of like a zipline- only you are sitting inside a bucket watching everyone below. We didn't go on any other rides, but certainly enjoyed all the people watching!

After the fair, we went up to Maple Grove. Didn't find much- a couple of shirts for teaching, and Jesse found a pair of shoes. We debated going to a movie, but were too tired.

Yesterday was another busy day. We started off with a trip to Caribou. That's one of my favorite things to do ( I wish it wasn't!) when I am here. I brought my computer- Jesse, a book, and we just sit and monkey around for about an hour. It's quite relaxing. In the aftertnoon we took a trip to the "teacher store" to buy some letter stamps. I could literally spend hours in this store-- but my funds won't allow it! I always find something I need!?! Luckily this trip I made it out the door with just my small purchase. After homemade shrimp fettucine for dinner we watched the movie Shooter. It was ok.... not really my type of movie~ a little gruesome.

All in all- I've had a great weekend relaxing in the cities and feel about ready to start school. I am looking forward to a week at home before the craziness begins. Better run for today. I hope this post finds everyone enjoying the end of summer!

4 Comments:

  • At August 27, 2007 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    End of summer! Boo! I always get a little bummed at this time of the year. Anyway...glad to hear that you are having a good time. Work was fair. My two coworkers were bickering last night, and I was caught in the middle. Ugh. You know me, trying to be diplomatic about it all. After all, they are both my friends....So, I'll see you tuesday...we'll have to call each other and figure out a time to meet. Love ya!

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the state fair. I don't think I am going to make it this year so I'll just experience it through you.

    We'll be back in the same town soon- I am counting on seeing you.
    Christie

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    I forgot about going to the State Fair w/ Gram, Gramps, and Andy(?). Didn't we stay at Clyde and Ruby's? Too fun. Glad you had a good time and found some tasty food. See you this weekend! xoxo!

     
  • At September 3, 2007 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    This was a great post. I can't wait to read the next one! :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home