just the latest....

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Friends, Sisters, Cousins and more...

It's been such a busy few days! While I was in MPLS, I was fortunate to have been able to meet up with a dear friend, Christie. We met up at Caribou, had a quick chat over coffee and then went our separate ways. It was so great seeing her, and I feel truly blessed to have her in my life! She's going on a trip to Sierra Leone for 6 months to work in an orphanage.... what an amazing woman!

After that, I headed to Brainerd where Erin and I spent some time working in her classroom. It's a lot of working putting rooms together and I am so glad I was able to help out. She says she isn't creative, but she is wrong. She has an adorable classroom and is one of the greatest teachers I know. I mean, how many teachers will dress up in a CRAB costume, write a song about crustaceans and sing to a bunch of 5th graders?? She is truly an inspiration to me!-- Maybe someday we can work together in a school..... that would be so much fun! Anyways- I spent a couple of nights there and then I met with Laura!

Lo and I went out for pizza one night, and then she came home for a haircut and we spent the day together. So- we spent time in her new fancy car, talking about nothing like we always do.... and then off to visit dad at work. Today my cousin Stacy and Dylan came out. Dylan is quite the entertaining 3 year old--very busy! We loaded up more of the junk from g&g's house, played oustide with Dylan, and I even managed to spend some time going through school stuff. Of course we ended our day with a trip to Moosebirds for an ice cream cone.
September is just around the corner. I definitely have school on the brain. I'm sure that my upcoming posts will have much to say about that!
Hope all is well!

5 Comments:

  • At August 19, 2007 at 1:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Ape-
    I loved getting together with you- I have to say I think you are pretty great yourself and I am grateful to have the friendship that we do. Anytime we have the chance to hang out and catch up is a great day for me.
    I am excited you have started a blog as well. I love being able to know what is going on with you- especially when I am far away and missing friends and home.
    We'll have to get together again soon and this time with Erin.
    Love ya,
    Christie

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Erin said...

    Now, isn't it fitting that I chose CRAB costume? :-) I am going to come watch you dress up in a penguin costume this year - let me know when that's going to happen again. Thanks again for getting my classroom ready with me (for me!). It was such a big help. Plus, I'm glad we got to watch Fat March. XOXO.

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So when you and Erin are teaching together does that mean that you will be right along side her in the crab costume singing and dancing for your kids?

    That would make a fun video for your blog.

    Hope your classroom is coming along. Looking forward to seeing a post and some pictures about it.

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Laura B. said...

    I'm happy you started a blog, April! It's kind of hard to resist, isn't it?!

     
  • At August 20, 2007 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey April! You are too cute. Actually, I think this is a great idea. It helps keep people in contact. E-mail does too but this is more interesting. I love it.

    Love ya!!
    Dani

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home