just the latest....

Thursday, August 23, 2007

About finished!


Here is an updated picture of my room. It's kind of hard to see how it looks- but I am happy with how it turned out. Erin and Tawnya helped me on Tuesday for a solid 5 hours!! THANKS, GIRLS!-- They worked hard! I went back yesterday for the day to spend time finishing up a few things. I kind of feel like my brain is on overload right now. I am trying to figure out my schedule (which will be tricky with a k/1 class-- where K only comes every other day). It's not working so well yet- but I am pretty confident that once the year get going, it will all come together.... at least that is what I keep telling myself.

I decided to take a few days off from thinking about school, before the year is in full swing. I drove to MPLS today-- but not without first visiting gram and gramps. They were doing quite well today. I went with grandma to get her nails done. I talked her into getting this HOT PINK polish-- and though she was hesitant, she did it anyways. Afterward she kept saying " isn't that a pretty color? It makes my skin look so brown!" Too cute. I also got to hear about a ring my grandpa brought back from India after he had been there for 25 months ( when they were first married!). I love hearing those stories-- and realize that we need to get some of them on video! They remember them so well! I'll visit them again on my way home and look forward to another good visit.

As for the weekend, Jesse and I plan on keeping things low-key. We could go to the state fair-- or maybe hit a Twins game if they are in town, but we'll see. Weekends go by so fast.
That's the latest update. Hope everyone is doing well.

4 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2007 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    Glad your room came together so well. I didn't have a whole lot to do with that. Also happy you had a good time with Gram today. I am sure she just loved it! have fun in the cities. Drive safe.

     
  • At August 24, 2007 at 5:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have fun in the cities...your room looks great!!! See you Monday! love ya! Lo

     
  • At August 25, 2007 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Wallestads said...

    Hi, April!

    I don't know exactly how I stumbled onto your blog, but I'm glad I did! It's fun to keep up with what you Aune gals are up to. Your room looks great! I'm dreading the return to work after having six months off with Evan, but all good things must come to an end, right? Anyway, enjoy the last moments of summer!

    Melissa

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Looks like you have your classroom all set up. Very nice. I hope you enjoy what summer time you have left. Good luck with the multi age planning.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home