just the latest....

Friday, November 2, 2007

Nothin' much.

I just got off the phone with Erin and she said I need to update my blog. So- here goes. This isn't going to be exciting.

I had a super busy week at school. As any teacher would tell you-- parties are fun, but exhausting! I had a Halloween party on Tuesday for my K's and then one again on Wednesday with my first graders. At our Wednesday party, the "Super Apple Man" came and taught the kids about the importance of making good healthy choices. He also had everyone up dancing and moving. (This huge lecture/activity before we went back to the room to eat cupcakes!)--I think the kids all had a good time, but I am SOOO glad it's the weekend because I feel like I need to rest! I've been running wild lately, and I don't even know what I've been doing!

I did spend last weekend in MPLS. Jesse and I spent a little time outside (the weather was gorgeous!), attended a benefit, and also worked on the wedding stuff..... I've been busy making lots of phone calls and things are seeming to come together well. I'm also very glad to have 2 sisters who have planned weddings-- and who LOVE to help out?..... so, thanks ladies!

I was also able to meet up with my cousin Deana and her 2 boys, Peyton and Jacob. It was really fun getting to catch up with them-- and the boys are always so entertaining! Deana is one of those people who is just very interesting. I love getting together with her to chat. We always have great conversations and I look forward to seeing them again soon ( say, Thanksgiving!!)

On a side note; My favorite part about my day today was that my students were all working hard at figuring out ways to make different numbers (i.e- 5+5 and 7+3 all = 10) So- my one little one who tends to have a more difficult time learning comes up to me and says " I finished this and I tried my hardest!" Just the fact that he said he tried so hard meant the world to me. He did very well and my heart just melts for this little one. He was so sincere-- and did work very hard. I need to remember his little face as he was so happy to succeed, even if it did take a longer time. I was LOVING my job today.

Ok- got a little side-tracked there. Anyways- as for the weekend, I have NO BIG PLANS! I may head to Stacy's to hang out with her... or maybe I'll take a ride to the shack to see how the hunters are doing. In the morning (or whenever i finally get up!) I will go and visit g&g for a bit. I NEED to do some cleaning and organizing this weekend-- and it wouldn't hurt me to put in a little time thinking of turkey ideas for school!
Ok- I warned you this wasn't going to be exciting.
Happy November!

2 Comments:

  • At November 2, 2007 at 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're such a good teacher. It makes me proud to be your sister. And Erin's too, of course. How did I get so lucky? I hope your weekend is fun. Say hi to g&g for me. Love ya lots......

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Erin said...

    no, it's exciting. Lo and I love honorable mentions, too. :-) I'm working on your invitations - I can't sleep, 'cause I just feel like there's got to be an easy way. Hmmm... I think you should out to the shack this weekend and call me with an update. Talk to you in 5 minutes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home