just the latest....

Friday, November 16, 2007

A Friday Off

This week we had conferences, which means 2 late nights at school. We are required to stay until 7:00 so that we can have today off. It was a LONG week ( for being a short week!) and I am grateful to have today off. Unfortunately, I haven't been sleeping the best, and found myself wide awake at 5:00. So- I got up and have been laying on the couch and watching the news for the past hour+. I always go to bed and think " I hope I can sleep in until at least 7!" But that rarely happens. Oh well.

I have also been having the strangest dreams lately. Last night it wasn't a good one, however the night before I found myself in France, in a limo-- driving backwards. Strange. Maybe that means I will be going on vacation soon?? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking!
At any rate, today I am taking a trip to Duluth with Trisha. I am looking forward to some fun times shopping! We are also meeting up with Taryn and Kerrisa again.... maybe I will have pictures to post. Should be fun.....

Oh - yesterday I went to visit my grandparents. Gramps was sleeping, and though he knew I was there, he would just pipe up every couple of minutes to see what I was doing, and then he would go back to sleep. Gram was having a really good day and we were able to have a nice visit! After I left there, I met up with Christie at Subway. She is so much fun to visit with- and we never stop talking. I look forward to seeing her ( and my gparents) again soon!

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Yesterrday I asked my little K's how they think you cook a turkey. Some of them actually got pretty close! Although, one of them answered that you stuff a turkey with a baseball and a rope- and then you pull the rope real tight. Another answered that you stuff them with powder. Too cute.... And~ did you know that you need to cook your turkey at 7 degrees? You know it will be done when your oven gives 2 beeps. Just another fun day with 5 year olds.
As far as family Thanksgiving plans, Erin is going to make the big turkey for our family! I am excited to hang out with everyone that will be around..... It sounds like Lo/Mike, Erin/Bill, Matt/Deana and the boys, Spin/Stacy and the kids, and maybe Uncle Rick will all be around.

Dad still hasn't got a deer (although Trisha finally did!) so he is out for the last weekend of hunting. Jesse is also coming up to hunt with a bunch of his high school friends. I am HOPING he will take me to see Fred Claus one night, but I am starting to think that hunting will take priority this weekend. Oh well-- maybe I can talk my sisters into going next weekend.?

Well- I suppose that's enough for today. I hope everyone is having a happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend!
xoxo

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home