just the latest....

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snowed In!

Last night I drove to the cities, knowing there was a winter storm headed to cover the state of Minnesota. My first stop was a quick catch-up with Nikki, my college roommate. Nikki and I lived together all 4 years of college and have been close friends ever since. I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, but I really have a great time when we are together. We met in Maple Grove, did some quick shopping and then went at had dinner at the Olive Garden. It was so nice seeing her and I look forward to meeting up again soon!
After that, I headed to Jesse's. He was at the Timberwolves game with a friend and got home not long after I arrived. Apparently they had seats in the 3rd row behind the bench. Once he got home, we were looking online and happened to find a shot of him sitting right behind a screaming coach. Lucky guys..... getting to sit so close! The T-wolves lost the game, but I am sure it was an exciting one regardless.
Today has been a very relaxing day. I was hoping to sleep in until at least 8,(really I was hoping for 10- I haven't done that in soooo long!) however 5:30 came and I was wide awake. I hate that! So- I was all ready to head to Target and the mall around 8:00, but it started to snow. Since I am super paranoid about driving in icky weather, we decided to run to the grocery store and pick up some yummmy treats and movies (We love redbox!) for the day. So far, we have done laundry, watched movies and ate popcorn, did some sporadic swimming in the pool, made fajitas, took a sauna.... and Jesse did get a little stir crazy, as he decided to take his bike for a spin in his apt. Who knows what the rest of evening will bring. There is a kayak sitting in here, and he just might take that for a paddle around the kitchen as well!
I suppose I should bring up the fact that Erin and Bill were supposed to head here today, so that the 4 of us could go to the Gopher hockey game.... but neither Erin nor I will let the guys drive. Yes, they are a bit bummed, but I am sure they would much rather spend time with us gals anyways!?? We are hoping to catch another game with them soon.....
At any rate, I have certainly enjoyed being 'stuck' inside today and I look forward to what tomorrow might bring! Rumor has it, my friend Amy (with Steve and baby Jack) is stuck in MPLS for the night as well-- so we are hoping to catch up for a quick coffee before they have to head back to Iowa. It would be SO FUN to see them before they go to Hawaii for Christmas.
There's my snow day. What do you like to do for snow days??

3 Comments:

  • At December 2, 2007 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Laura B. said...

    Aren't snow days the best?!

    I like to drink tea or hot chocolate or coffee and curl up with a book. I also like to be outside, running through the fresh snow or just feeling it on my face.

    I hope to see you soon, Ape!

     
  • At December 2, 2007 at 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At December 3, 2007 at 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When the weather outside is frightful, there's nothing better than a good wood fire burning, a fresh pot of coffee, a good HGTV show, and a sauna to keep the weather a minor detail in life.

    Love you lots and lots,

    Mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home