just the latest....

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hockey weekend


I forget how much I love watching hockey.  It started years ago with my cousin Brennan playing as a little guy (he is now nearly 22)..... then I went through high school watching good friends play and loving it.... then I got into the MN Wild after going to a couple of their games.  I've missed it since Brennan was playing in Canada, high school is over, and Jesse is no longer in MPLS so we can't just go to a game on the weekend.  BUT- this weekend I got my fill as our friend Paul and his son Alex were up in Chisholm for a hockey tournament. Alex is a goalie and we watched him tear it up on the ice Friday night- winning 10-0.  I actually got a little teary for the other goalie- he was so little and he and his team got their butts kicked.  At any rate- Alex and his team did awesome and it was so fun watching them play together.  We headed back to Chisholm Saturday to watch them win again making them in the championship game today.  Due to bad weather (and an evening vikings party at erin's) we didn't go to the last game but are anxious to hear the results.  It was SO GREAT to see you, Paul and Alex- and we look forward to seeing you (and the rest of your family) again soon!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home