just the latest....

Thursday, October 16, 2008

randomness

I just wrote this long post and it is quite boring. Just a warning before you choose to read on.

Last night I tried to watch the debate-- but found myself so sleepy I went to bed around 8:30. I must have been tired, because I slept until 8:30 this morning! Luckily, it's MEA break, so I am off today and tomorrow. I swear I never make it up past 9:00 anymore. What is with that?

School went well. We had a pizza party this week in my classroom- just for having such a great 6 weeks of school ( i hope it continues!!). It is so fun to watch how such SMALL things can make kids have the BEST day. They were glowing when I moved their desks together in 2 long tables, rather than just sitting with partners (if only we could be excited about such small changes!). They asked if they could keep them like that-- why not?? So then they were even more excited. We ate pizza, talking about our favorite things in school, and then played pictionary before I sent them off for recess. It was a great ending to a short week.

OOh! My friend Christie arrives today back from Sierra Leone.... she was working in an orphanage there... and I can't wait to talk to her!!!

Congrats to Lizzie C!! I am excited to see you in action! :)

Happy belated birthday Am- can't wait to celebrate with you.

On the homefront- things are swingin' along. Let's see.... last weekend we stuck close to home. Saturday my cousins Amy,Stacy and all the boys were up staying in Orr, so Erin and I went up to visit with them and watched the boys run wild. We had a nice time visiting with them. Amy lives in Wisconsin and we don't make it out there nearly enough.... something I really need to work on! Anyways-Sunday we headed up to Jesse's parents and visited them while watching the Vikings play.

I am currently hanging out at Erin's by myself. Dad and Jesse are out hunting across the lake and Erin/Bill are camping, so I am just enjoying some quiet time. I spent my morning with Trisha (and Crystal-- hi!) having coffee and chatting about tons of meaningless stuff... always a good time. Sounds like Trish should be about to start back at work in about a month (hopefully).

I try to have one exciting weekend planned each month-- just for something to keep looking forward to-- and this month I get 2 great weekends (ok- not that ALL weekends aren't great anyways!)... but... tomorrow Jesse and I are headed to Duluth for a night or 2. We are planning on driving up the north shore, spending some time walking around down in Canal Park after dinner - i love that- swinging by the mall, and who knows what else. It will be a nice change of pace. Next weekend I need to be well-rested, as it's our girls weekend in MPLS. I am hoping I can also meet up with NIkki and Annie P too?? (annie- i know you read this-- and did you know that whenever i am talking about you to trisha, she always calls you annie peeps?)

OK- enough randomness.
xoxo

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home