just the latest....

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the weekend.


Last Thursday Jesse and I had some friends come and stay with us before they (including jesse) all went on a camping trip to the BWCA. Sawyer's a little too small to go yet- but maybe next summer we'll be able to tag along for the adventure! Anyways, Paul, NIchole and Alex got to our house around 9:30 at night. We ended up staying up visiting and sitting outside until 12:30 before deciding it was time to go to bed. It was great to see them and catch up!
Friday morning came awfully early- and I had Miss Kate for the day to play with Sawyer. We were busy- and trying to keep both babies happy was a challenge! Luckily, Kate is an angel baby-- so mild mannered and just easy going- Sawyer, not so much!! He is the feisty one.
Since Jesse was gone, I decided to head out to the lake Friday night. I got there just in time for a tasty steak dinner. We spent Saturday being lazy, doing some swinging in Grandpa's swing, and dipping sawyer's toes in the lake while everyone was swimming. He seemed to enjoy it. Saturday night (EARLY morning) Sawyer decided that he wanted to get up for the day at 4:30. My sister is a saint- she came and took him from me so I could sleep until 7 or so... THANKS erin.
Sunday brought a FUNDAY for me. My mom took 'the boy' and Trish and I headed to Duluth. We shopped, and shopped, and shopped! I got the babies a few Christmas presents, a few clothes for me, some things for the house, some baby gifts for friends.... plus I got to meet up with Tawnya and see her dorm room, go out to lunch, and just have a baby-free day. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE my sweet boy... but I hadn't been away from him yet... so it was definitely needed. :) Thanks, grandma, for watching! ;)
Yesterday we played at dad's with Lo and Kate for a while, took a nap, did some more swinging- then Jesse called and said he was home. He came to dad's, brought me some ice cream~ it was so great to see him.... 4 days is too long for me. He was also surprised as my dad bought both him and Bill a muzzle loader.... fun times ahead for them!
Today I have Kate for a couple of hours and then her daddy is picking her up. Both babies are sleeping-- and it's Kate's 4 month birthday! xoxo

2 Comments:

  • At September 23, 2009 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Erin said...

    Those pictures are so cute. Katsie's little jeans are adorable - what a pumpkin! And I love the expression on Sawyer's face. he looks so happy!

    The weekends go way too fast... glad you came and spent some time at the lake.

     
  • At September 26, 2009 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Lo said...

    Thanks for taking such good care of Kate! Sawyer's hair looks red in that picture, and thanks for the 4 month picture of miss Kate! Love ya!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home