just the latest....

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

update

What happened to August? I'm still waiting for summer weather to arrive. The fact that I have only been swimming twice this summer is depressing. Really depressing.

In some happy news, my friend Heather, her mom, and her beautiful daughter, Elspeth, came over for a visit Saturday morning. It was great seeing them. We don't get together nearly enough, but she is one of those people that you just kind of pick up where you left off... even if it was a year ago. All in all- a great Saturday morning!
Things in the house are going quite well. We are all unpacked EXCEPT for the books that need a home. Jesse is building bookshelves for our den area, so in the meantime, there are about 10 boxes of (mostly) books that need to be unpacked. I'll be glad when he's finished with that project!
I spent today back in school at an inservice day. It was my choice to go- and I am glad I did. It's always nice to see people after summer vacation- not to mention, it's great to see other teachers in the district that I don't normally see during the school year. My mom came and watched Sawyer for the day ( tomorrow too!)... so it wasn't too tough to leave him. I know he was well taken care of!
Yes, Sawyer. He had his shots on Monday. Ouchie. I asked Jesse to take the morning off to go with me, because I KNEW that I wouldn't deal well seeing big crocodile tears. So off we went. I sat in the appt long enough to visit with the Dr. about Sawyer-- and then I took off and left Sawyer with his daddy. By the time Jesse was out of the office, Sawyer had fallen asleep ( I suppose he was so overwhelmed from crying....boo!). Anyways- he did so well and didn't really fuss after he had a good nap. Next time I will try to take him on my own. It amazes me that he's already 2 months old. He is so much fun right now- talking and smiling so much..... I love it!
We have no plans for the weekend. I will go to my classroom next Tuesday to greet my parents and students, as well as make sure my sub has everything she needs. Then it's 9 more weeks off....
As for now, I need to get to bed. Sawyer had been sleeping so well, and then last night he decided to be silly and wake up at 11:00 and not sleep well the rest of the night. It's like he KNEW I had to be up early for work. So- I've been up and running since 4:30 this morning.... I'm hoping tonight goes a little better!
Here's some new pictures of Sawyer. He loves his outside swing (thanks, Stace!)-- the other is a picture I sent to Jesse explaining why I can't get anything done during the day. Who wants to clean when you can stare at this smiling face instead?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home