just the latest....

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sweet Surprises!

I had such a fun birthday weekend~ I didn't think anyone would know that I was having a bday at school, but my para (who is wonderful) in my classroom figured things out and baked me a cake ( she knows i love chocolate!) and had my kids make cards. I also got beautiful flowers from my "big and little friends"... too cute.

Saturday morning Jesse and I met up with mom, Lo and Mike for breakfast at the Village Inn. It was a great visit- only I forgot my camera! It's always nice to see family~ but for some reason, it's even better on your birthday. After breakfast, Jesse and I went shopping around the mall for a bit, then went to pick out wedding cake ( I am terrible with decisions... so far, it looks like we are having carrot cake, white cake, marble cake and chocolate cake....help!), and then I went to figure out who is decorating for our reception. I was tired and a bit cranky after all that~ so I hopped in the car and off we drove. Before i knew it, we were heading to Duluth for my surprise birthday trip. Jesse decided to take me there for the day, buy me a new outfit, and then take me out for dinner. I chose Angie's Cantina-- because I LoVe Mexican food-- It was a great trip~ and it was so nice not to think about anything of any importance for a while.
Thank you all for the birthday wishes and cards. :) xoxo

6 Comments:

  • At March 17, 2008 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Wallestads said...

    You could do what we did, and have each layer of your cake be a different flavor or filling. My mom was mortified--too unconventional for her tastes--but we were both happy!

    We had decorating done by Susie's Sassy Balloons. She came up to Josh's mom and dad's resort and did all the lights and tulle (sp?) and whatnot for the outdoor reception.

    Glad to hear you had a happy birthday--and a break from wedding details!

    Melissa

     
  • At March 18, 2008 at 1:05 AM , Blogger Erin said...

    Hey - great springy change to your site. I love it.

    Also happy you had a good b-day.

    The wedding stuff will come together. I could knit some nice doylies. (however you spell it!) :-)

     
  • At March 18, 2008 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So glad you enjoyed your special day! I know I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with all of my kids!

    Love you lots and lots,

    Mom

     
  • At March 19, 2008 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Laura B. said...

    I'm so glad you had a good birthday, April. I'm excited for your wedding!

     
  • At March 24, 2008 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    April -

    By all means, have every cake! Then no hard decisions. I guess you can tell I love cake ;) But, I agree with Melissa - each cake could be it's own flavor!

    Have a great week. Hope you had a great Easter too!

     
  • At March 26, 2008 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would go with carrot cake for Jesse, and chocolate for you....or whatever you want.......love ya!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home