just the latest....

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gramps





Sadly, my grandpa A passed away yesterday. He was an INCREDIBLE man... so funny, such a good heart, hard working~ but most of all, he was so loving. He was SO IN LOVE with my grandma... and though I am sad, I feel so much relief knowing he is with her. Before he left, and as he was ailing this week, he told me that gram wanted him home to be with her. As much as we wanted him with us, he really wanted to be with his true love ( I mean, they were together for like 70 years!!). He also told me that I shouldn't come to visit him tomorrow, because "I won't be here-- but I know where I'm goin'". The last thing he said to me is that he wanted to go home. I have this indescribable guilt-- I mean, I am sad-- but I feel like I should be more upset. It's hard to explain. I think it's because I know he is now HOME and so happy again. He had so many wonderful stories to share... so many good laughs~ and I still hear him singing " Here She Comes, Miss America", as he always would when we'd walk through the door. He had such a sweet tooth~ esp when it came to chocolate. He'd hide it and every now and then he'd share. ;) He once brought his bar of soap over to dad's when we first got the hottub~ isn't that funny? It was the perfect surprise on my wedding day when they were able to come~ I wasn't expecting them to make it... and I sobbed like a baby.
Tough days- I have been thinking about all the losses we've recently gone through- 4 grandparents in 6 months. It's painful. But- I also feel so fortunate to have had so many great years with my grandparents. I know I'm lucky.
enough for now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home