just the latest....

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

So it goes.

I'm tuckered out. It's been another exhausting week. I think it's Spring fever-- yes, it has hit 40 degrees here- and that will do it!
The weekend was.....ok. Well- great, if you consider the fact that I had more time with Gramps P and mom. I was even feeling domestic and whipped up some delicious soup, a meatloaf and mashed potatoes to share with gramps. I hope he enjoyed it~ I mean, after all- I am not a great cook. I'll admit that! Of course he isn't one to complain. ;) It was fun visiting with them, and watching how Sawyer tries to copy my grandpa--clapping, hitting the table, and making noises. I love watching that. They both look so happy.

The downside of the weekend was losing another grandparent- though this time, it was Jesse's grandma. We've been hit hard these last 2 months-- and I am ready for it to be over. So ready. I am glad we went to see her a couple of weeks ago.

Of course, as Jimbo would teach ya- life isn't easy, or fair. So- in the midst of more sadness, Jesse ends up getting an infected and impacted wisdom tooth. So- before we can even think about heading to the cities to be with his family, our first stop will be the oral surgeon. Ugh. We are hoping that everything goes well and Jesse will be feeling better Friday morning to meet up with family.

So it goes.

3 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi honey,

    Grandpa loved your meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Yes, it's all gone. It means a lot to him that his Granddaughters care enough to bring him an occasional meal.

    Hope Jesse feels better. It's tough enough to have a funeral to go to much less dealing with an infection....

    Take care all of you and let me know if there's something I can do for you.

    I love you lots and lots,

    Mom

     
  • At March 4, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi April,
    I am sorry to hear that you guys are having to deal with all of that. I hope that it gets better soon and maybe we will have to have a girls night sometime :)

    -Amy

     
  • At March 5, 2010 at 2:31 AM , Anonymous Lo said...

    Hope Jesse's feeling better. Drive safe and take care of yourself. Love you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home